I'm trying to up my green game, I love broccoli in soup but the little trees on their own ... not so much .
This recipie is seriously delicious and super easy! It's vegetarian and packed full of vitamins, and the green stuff!
Here is a list of what you will need :
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (I'm to lazy to chop so I throw the cloves in whole, it's being blended anyways)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 - 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 5 heads of chopped broccoli (8 cups)
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- Cheddar Cheese
1. Brown butter, onion, garlic, and a sprinkle of each ; salt and pepper.
Add the carrots and 1/2 a cup of the stock. Cook until the carrots are tender (about 15 minutes )
Add the broccoli and basically steam until it's bright green .
Stir in the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 45 minutes .
Once the broccoli is fully cooked (basically falling apart when you stir) you can add small batches into you blender. Blend to your preferred consistency .
Serve hot and add a sprinkle (or in my case a handful) of cheddar cheese .
This recipie makes about 7 cups. It doesn't last 24 hours in this house but if you have left overs it will stay good in the fridge for 5 days or the freezer for 6 months.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Thank you for reading :)
- Megan xoxo